"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." President Gordon B. Hinckley

"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will--to your surprise--miss them profoundly." President Thomas S. Monson

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Sisterly Love


There are some moments in motherhood that make my heart want to just beat right outside of my chest because it can not contain all of the love and joy I feel. (There are, of course, other times when I want to scream and cry and drive to another state and change my name.)

I absolutely love it when I see my daughters love each other. We were on a preschool field trip with Kiara on TRAX, and Kiara was really loving Kate. Please do not email and ask my advice on how to get your children to get along. I do not know. Most of the time they don't. Kate thinks it's really funny to tackle Kiara to the ground and then pound her fist in her back. Kate loves to see Kiara cry. There are spontaneous moments, however, when out of the blue they giggle over the same thing, gibber gabber in the same language, and really seem to enjoy each other. I cherish these fleeting moments.

6 comments:

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

hey, i didn't know you gusy had a blog. here is our blog address. www.witchers.blogspot.com. happy new year to you guys!

Naomi Carmen Witcher said...

i just now read this post and i totally know what you mean. there are moments when isaiah loves on isabelle and it's the cutest thing EVER! but most of the time he pushes her, hits her, and is kind of mean to her. that makes me sad, but i guess it's just the beginning of it all. i hope that isabelle will just learn from this how to deal with boys. ;)

Paula said...

I love hearing about your family! Kiara and Kate are too cute to be so far away...thanks for keeping a blog so we can stay in touch a little! I know what you mean with this post-kids take us on such a rollercoaster ride of ups and downs, and the good parts somehow outweigh the bad ones even though sometimes they are outnumbered!

Lora said...

So cute! I know what you mean though... I have to say- I am glad to hear that my girls are not the only sisters who fight!

Meg Watson said...

Adrienne,
I loved your Christmas card and your girls are as cute as ever... we miss you guys and the ward. I have a random question for you and lost your email- if you get this email me at megwatson2002@msn.com- thanks, you're the best!!
Meg Watson

Leah said...

As much as I love seeing that picture of Kate and Kiara every time I check your blog...

You need to update.

Especially since we've been sick and haven't seen you guys in 2 weeks.