"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." President Gordon B. Hinckley

"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will--to your surprise--miss them profoundly." President Thomas S. Monson

Monday, February 11, 2008

San Diego

In August of 2007 Dereck started his Executive MBA program at the University of Utah. Before he started this 21-month venture he surprised me and took just me on a weekend trip to San Diego. Alicia & Luis cared for our girls and we had a wonderful time remembering that we were a married couple before we were parents.

We stayed right on Mission Bay, swam, shopped downtown...

...rode beach cruiser bikes, and truly relaxed! Dereck got some body surfing in. It was very strange the first night to go out to dinner and to not have to rush back to put girls to bed. I have a wonderful husband and I was grateful for his gift.

2 comments:

The Bullknitter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Bullknitter said...

Looks like you had fun. I can't remember what life was like before I was a parent.