Yes, it's a black widow, and it was in my garage! Dereck was at school, so I knew I had to do it...I had to kill it. With steady hand, I sliced it in half with a garden shovel. I'm not saying I wasn't squealing the whole time. Just thought I would share. A couple weeks later I caught a hobo spider in my basement. I put it in a jar and Kiara adopted it as a pet, much to my dismay. She wanted to carry the jar with her everywhere. She wanted the spider to watch cartoons with her and she even put a blanket over the jar at night. It finally died a few days later and I had to rid of it while Kiara was not looking. Needless to say, we have had our house and garage sprayed more than once this fall!
"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." President Gordon B. Hinckley
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will--to your surprise--miss them profoundly." President Thomas S. Monson
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Happy Halloween!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YUCK!!!! I'm still wanting to scream, and it wasn't even in my house!!!!
Way to go, letting Kiara play with a spider...you're a braver woman than I!!!!
You are truly a brave woman! I hate spiders. Can I call you next time I see one?
You are my hero!!! I always make LT get spiders, but now that he is gone, I just call my home teacher. ha ha ha.. no joke, he's been over here twice.
That Kiara is quite a character.
Ooohhh-you are so brave Adree! You are a woman of many talents. I loved to see all of your sewing projects. I want to do that someday!!!
Wow, while I'm not afraid of spiders, I have never had to face a black widow. And I can totally see Kiara carrying a spider around in a jar and taking care of it. What a doll.
Post a Comment