"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." President Gordon B. Hinckley

"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will--to your surprise--miss them profoundly." President Thomas S. Monson

Friday, August 29, 2008

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

I recently re-finished one of my favorite books, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn. I like how Betty Smith just writes down everyday events in an extraordinary way. This sentence summed up the book for me, "To look at everything always as though you were seeing it either for the first or last time: Thus is your time on earth filled with glory." 

2 comments:

travisrichardson said...

I found a site that you might like
http://www.shelfari.com

Jared and Niki said...

Sounds awesome, I will have to read it! miss you and hope to see you this summer.