"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." President Gordon B. Hinckley

"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will--to your surprise--miss them profoundly." President Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Elmo

One of the sweetest things happened the other night when Dereck got home from one of his longer business trips. I went and picked Dereck up from the airport while my mom was here at home with Kiara to put her to bed. When we came home Kiara was still up. We opened the door and she was squealing, "Daddy! Daddy!" and jumping up and down. She started to cry because she was so excited. She was much more excited to see Dereck than the Elmo he brought her from Ocean City, Maryland. And I will admit that I was tearful too. Oh, the joy of family togetherness!

Kiara loves her baths and recently discovered how to give herself a beard made of bubbles. She is starting to play with the other kids at play group (I wondered when the day would ever come). And I think that she is starting to realize that Kate just might work out to be a good playmate for her. She went and layed by Kate under her floor gym and gazed up at the smiling star.




1 comments:

The Bullknitter said...

Kiara reminds me of Paula in this picture...