It was a strange experience. They loved it and hated it all at the same time. It gave them a lot of confidence to know they could swim underwater, but it scared them to death.
Kiara saw me looking at these photos today and she immediately burst into tears that she doesn't WANT to go to swimming lessons. One day Kiara was crying inconsolably before her lesson. I said, "Kiara, what's wrong?" And she said, "I'm just so excited!" It might be a little bit how I felt the day before I got married---excited, but scared, happy, but sad. The swim school focused a lot on teaching them confidence. At the end of the classes they gave them little medals and had them say, "I am a champion!"
"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." President Gordon B. Hinckley
"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will--to your surprise--miss them profoundly." President Thomas S. Monson
Thursday, December 17, 2009
The Bipolar Swimming Lessons
Posted by Adrienne at 9:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment