Tomorrow Dereck and I will celebrate 11 years together! My love for him knows no bounds. Each year that passes I think I just couldn't love him any more, but it just keeps growing. I am thankful for his endless kindness and patience. He brings me my baby in the middle of the night just so I won't have to get up. He made the family german pancakes this morning and then exercised on the elliptical machine in the basement, where the ceiling is much to low for his tall body and he nearly hits his head on the light. We got to cheer for him at his ward basketball game last night. I love what a good sport he is.
I love to watch Dereck when the girls need help putting clothes on their Barbies. My man is not to proud to dress a Barbie. What a guy! The other night I woke up foggy eyed and in the darkness I could see the outline of Dereck standing up in the nursery with our newest born on his shoulder. I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest because of all the love in my heart for him.
He rode his mountain bike to the top of the tram at Teton Village with my Uncle Tom last summer and the tram operator asked how they got their bikes up there. He has steel determination and perseverance when he puts his mind to something. He is a determined goal setter. He is a worthy priesthood holder and blesses our home daily with his goodness. I am so grateful for the feeling I had inside when I met Dereck; I felt a "brightness of hope for the future," as long as my future could include Dereck.
What a ride it has been, not lined with perpetual hollyhocks, but a ride I wouldn't give up for ANYTHING!
3 comments:
Congrats, you guys! I think Dereck's just as lucky to have you. You're amazing too, Adrienne. :)
I love your new blog look too. Did Travis do your pictures?
happy anniversary guys!
You guys are a great couple! I am sure he loves you just the same. Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment