"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." President Gordon B. Hinckley

"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will--to your surprise--miss them profoundly." President Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm Sorry, Mom!

Now that Kiara is in swim lessons, I am getting payback for all of my stubborn and uncooperative actions when I was in swim lessons as a kid. I was THE worst student in history. If my face ever got a drop of water on it, I struggled with my eyes closed to the side of the pool where my dry washcloth was waiting to wipe off my face.

Kiara refused to get her face wet each day of swim lessons, so I gave the teacher permission to put her face in the water for her. She seemed to be fine until two days later when I went to put her swim suit on, she ran away from me and said she would not go to swim lessons because she would "die". So we were back to square one. I promised Kiara that I would tell her teacher that she did not have to get her face wet. Any ideas, anyone?

2 comments:

Paula said...

Jenna was just like that, except she was more terrified of the deep water, even holding onto me or the swim teacher. One day we were driving to her lesson and she was worrying about it, so I told her we could say a prayer to help calm her fears and be brave, and so she said a sweet little prayer and she was much braver from then on.

The Bullknitter said...

My advice is find a friend who's kid is not afraid of the water. Miranda has "taught" so many kids to go under the water at the Y. One mom couldn't believe how much her daughter would do after playing in the pool with Miranda for 1 hour. These were total strangers!