"In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." President Gordon B. Hinckley

"If you are still in the process of raising children, be aware that the tiny fingerprints that show up on almost every newly cleaned surface, the toys scattered about the house, the piles and piles of laundry to be tackled will disappear all too soon and that you will--to your surprise--miss them profoundly." President Thomas S. Monson

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

NYC, Part II

This is Dereck and I conversing atop the Rockefeller Center. Okay-it's really some models having a photo shoot. 
Here we are on top of the Rockefeller Center, which I thought was way cooler than being on top of the Empire State Building. There are really great views of Central Park.

New York City is one of America's oldest cities, and I liked seeing the old mixed in with the new.
Does this scene look familiar to you? Like on Enchanted when the prince jumps off the bridge at Central Park right into an oncoming bike race?
Sunday morning we set out for church. I was too busy looking at my map to realize we were walking right under the temple. Church is held in the bottom floor of the temple building, but when we got there, we found a note that church had been moved to a different location due to renovation of the building.
Dereck and I in front of the temple. These are the kinds of photos you get when it's just the two of you:
My handsome Dereck at Grand Central Station:

1 comments:

The Bullknitter said...

takes me back.